Port Writers aims to provide a comfortable, supportive and cooperative environment. Members are encouraged to share and practise their writing. Writers are supported to improve their literary knowledge and increase their realm of literary experience.
Aims and Objectives
Our purpose is to:
- Encourage writers and those interested in writing to join Port Writers Inc.
- Support members on their individual journeys.
- Provide a comfortable environment catering for individual needs including those with a disability.
- Provide presentations that are relevant and meaningful.
- Include the membership in all important decision making and changes
- Notify the public of the endeavours of Port Writers through regular publicity
We are honoured to have talented writers Bessie Jennings and Laurie Barber as our inaugral patrons. A celebrated Poet and Teacher, Bessie has published poetry and memoir as well as won and placed in numerous competitions. A journalist and editor, Laurie had a syndicated column of twenty years standing and published four books before his passing in 2022. Each of these writers added enormous value to the writing community and Port Writers. In 2022, Frank Urban accepted the role of Patron. Frank was a founding member of Port Writers, comes with an incomparable breadth of life experience across many countries, has published nonfiction and a memoir and is able to tell a rollicking tale in few words. Frank also engineered our publication of the huge anthology, ‘Beyond the Three Brothers’ and was instrumental in not only the funding but the success of its sale and distribution.