2022 Open Literary Competition Winners
PORT WRITERS are delighted to announce the winners of this year’s competition. It was again a very strong field of entrants. Congratulations to all.
- First Place – “One in a Hundred” by Ally Cerritelli – Weetangera (Act)
- Second Place – “The Strait and Narrow” by Grace Anderson – Hepburn Springs (VIC)
- Commended – “I Think I Can” by Vicki Walker – Orange (NSW)
- First Place – “A Lucky War” by Michelle Brock – The Ridgeway (NSW)
- Second Place – “The Writing Room” by Kathryn Thacker – Ashfield (NSW)
- Commended – “The Stranger” by Alice Richardson – Elizabeth South (SA)
- First Place – “Escape” by Jan Price – Ballarat (VIC)
- Second Place – “To Be Your Poet” by Caitlin Rebecca Pianta – Urangan (QLD)
- Commended – “Abdication” by David Terelinnck – Bigarra Waters (QLD)
Hastings Prize – Laurie Barber Prize
- First Place – “Dementia Demons” (Non-fiction) by Jeannie Bennett – Port Macquarie (NSW)
- Commended – “The Orchard” (Poetry) by Susan Ash – Kew (NSW)
- Commended – “The Green Coat ” (Fiction) by M.O. Peterson – Port Macquarie (NSW)
CONGRATULATIONS to the winners and indeed to all who entered. It’s a brave step to put your work before the eyes of others – well done!
THANKS to the Judges for their contributions and especially to the late Laurie Barber for donating the Hastings Prize for local writers.
Note: In accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Entry, only winners are notified of the outcome of their entry. If your name isn’t listed above, we look forward to you trying again next time.