2021 Open Literary Competition Winners
PORT WRITERS are delighted to announce the winners of this year’s competition from a very strong field of entrants.
- First Place – “Unbeaten – Snapshots in Black and White” by Sally Jane Smith (NSW)
- Second Place – “Rainforest” by Robert Rodger (NSW)
- Commended – “Living the Voice Within” by Maria Solano (NSW)
- Commended – “Distorted Memory” by Wendy Hayes (NSW)
- Commended – “26th April, 1986” by Jo Rendle (ACT)
- First Place – “Granny” by Janice Williams (VIC)
- Second Place – “Saving the Show” by Jill Baggett (NSW)
- Commended – “Cat and Mouse” by Melanie Wass (NSW)
- First Place – “The Tunnel – A Surfer’s Moment” by Terri Ferman (QLD)
- Second Place – “Little Waves” – Janice Williams (VIC)
- Commended – “Black Kites of the Desert” by Jude Aquilina (SA)
- Commended – “City Shadows” by Rees Campbell (TAS)
- Commended – “New Spirit in an Old Place” by Shona Levingston (QLD)
- First Place – “Cat and Mouse” (Fiction) by Melanie Wass (NSW)
- Commended – “The Kings Fool” (Poetry) by Marian Easterbrook (NSW)
- Commended – “If the Walls of Garland Public School Could Talk” (Non-Fiction) by Lyndall Nairn (NSW)
CONGRATULATIONS to the winners and indeed to all who entered. It’s a brave step to put your work before the eyes of others – well done!
THANKS to the Judges for their contributions and to Tom Penrose for donating the Hastings Prize for local writers.
Note: In accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Entry, only winners are notified of the outcome of their entry. If your name isn’t listed, we look forward to you trying again next time.