Welcome to PORT WRITERS INC. a community writing group founded in December 2014
located in PORT MACQUARIE on the Mid North Coast of NSW.
When do we meet and what do we do?
We meet on the 4th Saturday of every month (except November and December) at the Rotary Community Hall, Hastings River Drive, Port Macquarie
We also meet for a writing coffee and chat session on the second Wednesday of each month at at the Sea Acres Rainforest Café, Pacific Drive, Port Macquarie
See our Gatherings page for details on what happens at our meetings.
We hold an annual Writing Competition.
We welcome visitors and new members. See our Membership page for further details.
Our Mission Statement
We aim to provide a comfortable, supportive and cooperative environment. At Port Writers, members are encouraged to share and practice their writing. Writers are supported to improve their literary knowledge and increase their realm of literary experience.
Our Aims and Objectives
- Encourage writers and those interested in writing to join Port Writers Inc.
- Support the membership on their individual journeys.
- Provide a comfortable environment catering for individual needs including those with a disability.
- Provide presentations that are relevant and meaningful.
- Include the membership in all important decision making and changes; notifying the public of the endeavours of Port Writers through regular publicity.
We are honoured to have talented writers Bessie Jennings and Laurie Barber as our patrons
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK